This Website has been moved to a new Domain
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Here the steps to create a shortcut on your desktop to lock your computer:
- Right-click the desktop. Point to New, and then click Shortcut.
- The Create Shortcut Wizard opens. In the text box, type the following: rundll32.exe user32.dll,LockWorkStation
- Click Next. Enter a name for the shortcut. You can call it "Lock Workstation" or choose any name you like.
- Click Finish.
You can also change the shortcut's icon (my personal favorite is the padlock icon in shell32.dll).
To change the icon:
- Right click the shortcut and then select Properties.
- Click the Shortcut tab, and then click the Change Icon button.
- In the Look for icons in this file text box, type: Shell32.dll.
- Click OK.
- Select one of the icons from the list and then click OK
You could also give it a shortcut keystroke such CTRL+ALT+L. This would save you only one keystroke from the normal command, but it could be more convenient.
You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:
Rate and Review this Blog: